This script converts a standard CSV export from the Anobii website to a format you should be able to import into Goodreads.
How to export from Anobii and import to Goodreads
Python v2.7.x installed
The script contains a configuration section to manage different language translations. Italian is the default one; if you need to manage a different language, you must customize the following constants basing on your Anobii export content file:
||Book you finished|
||Book you gave up on|
||Book you're currently reading|
||List of months|
Export from Anobii
- Login to Anobii and access your books library page
- Click on the option button you can find on the top right, besides ordering filters
- Select "Export list" option and choose CSV format
- You will receive an email in a few minutes with a CSV file attached. Download this file and rename it as
Convert from Anobii to Goodreads
- To convert between the export format of Anobii and import format of Goodreads, we use the Anobii2Goodreads script. Git clone it or download the code:
$ git clone https://github.com/marcosegato/Anobii2Goodreads
- Place the
anobii_export.csvfile in the same directory containing the
Perform the conversion, the output is written to
$ python anobii-to-goodreads.py
Import to Goodreads
- Login to Goodreads. Go to its import page and import the
- Refresh this page to see the import progress. Few books may not be imported (e.g. missing ISBN), consider adding them manually.
- Go to your own update stream, you should be able to see all the imports. Do not worry, Goodreads only shows a few of these updates on your friends' stream.